Hey pretty people,
I am back again with a blog, this time about the jewelry care, we all buy jewelries but few last for long, as the time passes by it starts losing the appeal that they had before. It isn’t there fault but ours. We don’t take care of them as much as we care about other things.
So today, I am going to tell you the basic jewelry care.
Jewelry is worn by millions of people every day, but few recognize how they can preserve their treasures by using some simple advanced planning and thought. Here are some basic guidelines to consider when wearing jewelry:
- Remove Jewelry During Tasks – When performing manual tasks, remove your jewelry to prevent physical damage or exposure to chemicals or cleaning fluids. Some tasks that should be avoided when wearing jewelry include kitchen work, gardening, cleaning the house and other common tasks. Doing so can really increase the life of your jewelry!
- Put Jewelry On After Applying Makeup – Cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotion can contain chemicals that can often damage jewelry. Putting jewelry on after applying these materials will limit exposure to jewelry and any potential damage.
- Don’t Wear Jewelry in Swimming Pools and Spas – Take a note! Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewelry causing color changes and even structural damage. As a result it’s a good idea to remove jewelry before entering the pool or spa.
- Use Warm Water to Clean Jewelry
Using warm water is the best bet when cleaning your own jewelry. It helps to remove the dust particles and also will make it bacteria free as warm water removes bacteria and dust.
- When Travelling with Jewelry, Use a Case
Travelling can be tough on jewelry, so it’s wise to use a travel case to protect your favorite pieces. Traditionally made of fabric or leather, a jewelry travel case can carry jewelry of all types and easily rolls up to a size that’s easily stored in most suitcases, makeup cases or business attaches. Clearly, a case like this is a good investment to protect your jewelry on the road.
- Use Jewelry Polishing Cloths for Best Results
Polish silver or gold with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. You can use a piece of clean cloth for cleaning it on a regular basis. Use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibers in these products.